Mari Belajar Bahasa Kantonis Hongkong

Cari Kosakata

Difference Between To and For

Don't say : I am studying every day for improve my English
The correct sentences :
Say : I am studying every day to improve my English

USE "TO" IN THIS CHASE 
1. Destination
We are going to Paris

2. What time it is
It's a quarter to 2

3. Distance 
It's about 10 miles from my house to the university

4. Comparing 
I prefer sleeping to working

5. Giving
I gave the book to my sister.

6. Motive / Reason - with verb 
I came here to see you

7. Function - with verb (to form)
A ladle is a big spoon used to serve soup

USE "FOR" IN THESE CASES
1. Benefits 
Yogurt is good for your digestion

2. Period of time
We've lived here for 2 years 

3. Schedule
I made an appointment for May 3

4. In support of
Are you for or against the development of nuclear weapons?

5. Doing something to help someone
Could  you carry this book for me

6. Motive or reason - with noun
Let's go out for a drink

7. Function - with verb (-ing form)
A ladle is a big spoon used for serving soup

HOW TO USE TO AND FOR
6. Motive / Reason
I came to Macao work. (to + verb)
I came to Macao for a new job. (for + noun)

7. Function 
This machine is used to make copies (to + base form)
This machine is used for making copies (to + ing form)

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Belajar Bahasa Hongkong. All rights reserved. Template by CB